Willow Kids is our children’s ministry here at Willow Church. We are rooted in God’s Word, growing in the fruit and power of the Holy Spirit, and branching out to others.
Sunday morning Sunday School hour: 9:30-10:30am. This is a time of fellowship, outreach, and discovering who God is!
We have two groups designed to cater to children of all ages:
- Kids Ark - Pre-school-Kindergarten
- Bible Searchers - 1st & 6th grade
Sunday Children’s Church
This is where we present the Gospel to children on their level in a church service atmosphere with praise and worship, teaching, ministry time, lessons, and games. This is held every Sunday during the 10:30am service. We do not meet on 5th Sundays, for this is time for the family to enjoy church together.
- Power Ark is for ages 4 years through Kindergarten and meet in the Preschool area.
- Power House is for children 1st through 6th grade and meet in the Children’s building.
Kid's Quest & Breakout:
These are our midweek discipleship programs. They take place on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm. Both Breakout and Kid’s Quest are designed to help children build relationships with other children and their leaders. The programs begin in September and conclude in March.
Small group discipleship program for children age 4 through 2nd grade, which takes them on a quest to:
- Discover God’s Word
- Discover God’s Plan
- Discover God’s Son
- Discover God’s Will
This program not only teaches Bible stories, but also helps them to apply scripture to their lives and prepares them to take the next step into Break Out.
Intentional small group discipleship program for 3rd through 6th graders that takes children through 4 stages:
- How to know Christ
- How to grow in Christ
- How to serve Christ
- How to share Christ
After completing the 4th year of BreakOut, there is a week long mission trip to Interns to America that is available for students to attend.
- Note: due to recent COVID precautions, special events are pending.
- Pre-Teen Summer Camp: This is a 4 day camp for 3rd-6th grade children that usually takes place every summer in the month of June. A time to grow spiritually while having fun, along with a time of fellowship and relationship building for the children, as well as the leaders.
- Mission Trip: This is a week long trip taken by students that have completed the 4th year of Break Out.
- Hallelujah Festival: This is our alternative to the traditional trick or treating activities. This is a time of outreach to the community and a way to provide a safe environment for children to have fun.
- Virtual Realities (5th & 6th Grade) Fellowship: This is a time of fellowship and relationship building for 5th & 6th graders. We have lock-ins, swim parties, and a Christmas party.
Children Ministry Leadership Team:
- Bronwyn Rumsey - Temporary Children’s Leader
- Angie Topper - Temporary Children’s Leader
- Glenn Dupont (aka; Boompa) - Technology Director & Sunday School Leader
If you are wanting to help in any area of Willow Kids, please contact Susan Hines, Angie Topper, or Bronwyn Rumsey. We would LOVE to have you serve with us! And don't forget to check out the Willow Kid's Facebook Page!