With all the turbulence of 2020 and the uncertainties of 2021, we encourage you to return to the foundational practices of: Holy living; strong, life giving relationships; intimacy with Jesus. To help facilitate this fully engage in the following action steps.
40 Day Focus, Feb.17-April 4:
Over 40 days we want every Willow attendee to commit to four habits.
- “Give Him 15” Bible reading plan. Give God 15 minutes a day in the Bible. There are two Bible reading plans we have selected from bible.com. They are “Renewed Worship: 31 Days of Praying Scripture” and/or “Psalms and Proverbs in 31 Days.” You can find these on their website www.bible.com or download the bible.com app.
- Social Media Detox. Distraction is one of the big killers of spiritual pursuit. Get off social media or greatly reduce its consumption. Watch the documentary “The Social Dilemma” on Netflix. For more insight, watch or listen to the Rich Roll podcast, Cal Newport on Digital Minimalism: Why Focus is the New Superpower. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, YouTube or Spotify. Listen on Apple Podcasts
- 3/30. Each person finds two believers that they can meet with for 30 minutes for prayer and encouragement each week. The meetings can be in whatever format works best for the group. Sign up is on the clipboards in the Atrium or you can email [email protected].
- Practice the Sabbath. God gifted mankind with the Sabbath day for the purpose of reflection, renewal, and restoration by spending quality time with Him along with family and friends in simplicity. Begin setting aside a 24 hour period to experience Sabbath.
We have scheduled quarterly worship and prayer “Encounter Nights” and relationship training events. The next “Encounter Night” is April 18.
Win 1 in ’21:
Every person commits to share their faith with the desire to bring one person to faith in Jesus this year. Doug will provide specifics in the near future.
Second Service begins soon!
For 3 weeks we will have a second Sunday Worship Service at 8:30am.
March 21, March 28, and April 4.
God & Government
Day/Time: Wednesdays @ 6:30-8:00pm
Location: Willow Church
Join us for this 7 week study where we will gather to watch and discuss the “Building On The American Heritage Series” by David Barton. Uncover the forgotten stories. Examine the nation’s founding documents, and discover firsthand our founding fathers' original intent. Learn the truth of America’s past, so you can shape America’s future. This study will run from February 24 – April 7.
Unmasked Ladies Retreat
Dates: Wednesdays @ April 16-18
Location: The Lodge at Danbury
Speaker: Laurie Cole
Cost: $95 (The full payment is due March 7)
It’s not too late to sign up! We have a few spots left! For more info contact us at +1 (979) 297-4079
In-person Services Guidelines
Open for Worship, in-person and online, Sundays 10:30am
We are excited about reopening our Sunday worship service! Here are the guidelines we are following:
- Social distancing and seating every other pew.
- Highly recommend wearing a mask when entering and exiting the building
- Building B is a 10:30am live stream Mask Only service with seating limited to 25 people. Joyce will be there to greet you!
- Designated Mask Only section in the Worship Center for those who want the in-person service but feel more comfortable sitting with others wearing masks. Otherwise, you may sit anywhere as long as social distancing guidelines between families are followed.
- No temperature checks so please stay home if you do not feel well.
Thank you for your patience and we greatly appreciate your flexibility. We look forward to seeing you!
- Willow Staff
The Latest News
- We are following the current State of Texas guidelines on Church attendee protocols. View the Protocols (PDF)
- Open for Worship, in-person and online, Sundays 10:30am. You can watch it live – 10:30am – or later on our YouTube Channel – Willow Church.
- Children’s Sunday School every Sunday at 9:30am. Check out Willow Kid's FaceBook Page for updates on children's programs.
- Pastor's Class every Sunday 9:30am – 10:30am through February 28. No registration required.
- Join us for Wednesday Night Live! Every Wednesday at 6:30 PM in Building B.
- It’s not too late to sign up! We have a few spots left! Women's Retreat: April 16th-18th at The Lodge at Danbury. The Speaker will be Laurie Cole. Full cost is $95 (The full payment is due March 7) Learn More
- God & Government Small Group - Wednesday's @ 6:30pm. Learn More
- Watch Pastor Scott’s weekly Prophetic Perspective on our Facebook page.
- Subscribe to RightNow Media. It is the world’s largest Christian based video resource. Willow subscribes to it and it’s FREE to you. Please private message us on our Facebook page with your email and we’ll have RNM send you the link.
- Find information on the 2021 Reboot here.
- Finally, “Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power”. (Eph. 6:10)
We provide a few options to give tithes and offerings online.
To give online: Text wdbc to 77977
Mail in: 200 Willow Dr, Lake Jackson, TX 77566
Bring in during office hours: M-Th, 9am-4pm
If you have any questions on how to give online, please contact us.
Stay Connected Online
All of our services will be streamed on YouTube. Plus, our archive of services is available on our channel.
It is the world’s largest Christian based video resource, and free for you to use! Private message us your email, and we'll send you a direct link to join.