As we go into a new school year, it is important that we as a church keep pressing ahead in our faith-journey! The staff has worked on a plan to help us return to three foundational practices. This is a continuation of our yearlong 2021 Reboot.
21 Day Focus: August 29 - September 18 Over these 21 days, we want every Willow attendee to commit to six habits listed below.
The Three Foundational Practices & Action Steps are:
- Intimacy with Jesus - John 14-16
- 2 x 5: Give God 5 minutes, 2 times a day. Sit before Him in silence and allow His truth to fill your mind. Try to take His truth into the rest of your day.
- Worship Daily: Sing and or dance to one worship song out loud daily.
- Strong, lifegiving relationships - Romans 12; Ephesians 5:21-6:4
- 3/30: If you are still connected with your 3/30 group, that’s great, keep it up! If not, every person should find two believers that they can meet with for 30 minutes for prayer and encouragement each week. The meetings can be in whatever format works best for the group. Email [email protected] if you need a group.
- Engage: We have classes available on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. We encourage you to attend one and volunteer for another. Adult Bible Fellowships meet on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am. Wednesday Night Classes meet from 6:30 pm to 8pm. Check out the classes on the Small Groups page. For more information on these, go to the Information Desk on Sunday morning or email Maggie at [email protected].
- Holy unto the Lord - Colossians 2:6-3:17; Ephesians 4:17-5:20
- Media Detox: Distraction is one of the big killers of spiritual pursuit. Commit to fast from digital media, such as TV, movies, and video games for these 21 days.
- Practice the Sabbath: God gifted mankind with the Sabbath day for the purpose of reflection, renewal, and restoration by spending quality time with Him along with family and friends in simplicity. Begin setting aside a 24-hour period to experience Sabbath. What are the two things you can do on Sabbath that bring you joy and delight?