Willow Church Prays
Encouraging and engaging in prayer for God’s will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven so that many will be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit and more will hunger to be part of the Kingdom of God.
Prayer team members are available to pray for others during or after Sunday worship. Each team member has been trained in praying for the needs of others. They are not counselors but believers who have a sincere desire to help people encounter God’s love and power through the ministry of personal prayer.
Email Prayer Partners
Email Prayer Partners is a ministry that is called to encourage one another and build each other up (1 Thess. 5:11) by sharing prayer requests, praying for needs, and then sharing how God answers. To send a request or to become a prayer partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the church at 979-297-4079.
Wednesday Night Prayer
Often using scripture as the basis for our prayers, we seek to hear what is on the Lord’s heart and pray in agreement with Him for personal, church, and national needs. For time and location see your weekly church bulletin or contact the church office 979-297-4079.
Special Prayer Efforts
Throughout the year, we participate in times of concentrated prayer. Such efforts may include elections, seasons of repentance, and community prayer efforts. These will be advertised through the bulletin and monthly newsletter as well as church wide email.
1 Church 1 Day
Join with other local believers praying for our community, beginning in September. We’re organizing a PRAYER MOVEMENT for Southern Brazoria County, endorsed by KSBJ Christian Radio.
Willow will be praying on the 2nd Monday of each month. A volunteer is needed each hour of the day. Prayer guides will be provided for you. If you would like to participate or would like more information, please contact Stephanie McKay – email@example.com.
The Healing Ministry has a two-fold mission. We want every Willow attendee to be equipped and actively praying for the sick and broken, and correspondingly, we want to see the radical advancement of the gospel through signs and wonders.
There are three tiers of training:
- First: to equip each Willow attendee, Pastor Scott presents messages to make the person whole – spirit, soul and body – emphasizing the Holy Spirit’s power to bring about complete healing and restoration. Also, a broad foundation of healing is laid out in the Newcomer’s Class.
- Second: all new attendees, along with those who have a passion to see people healed and delivered, are trained in the basics of healing and deliverance through Pastor Scott’s yearly classes Healing 101 and Breakthrough. The prayer questionnaire on the “Prayer & Healing” page of the church website is utilized to evaluate each person’s intercessory gifting.
- Third: members who want to be actively engaged in Willow’s Healing Ministry are encouraged to attend the Wednesday Intercessory Prayer meetings and become a member of the Altar Team. Training resources for Altar Team members include the Willow Personal Ministry Guidelines, Ministry Team Training of Calvary Community Church and Healing Training from Randy Clark Ministries.
The Healing Ministry is creating opportunities for the Holy Spirit to bring life, wholeness, and love to hurting individuals at Willow and in our community. The three main ways include:
- First: the Wednesday Intercessory Prayer group meets in the Prayer Room to hear the heart of God concerning Willow, its leaders, its ministries, its people and their families, and to intercede accordingly as the Holy Spirit leads.
- Second: the Altar Team is available at each Sunday service, offering personal ministry for those who are wounded and broken, suffering from physical ailments, or need encouragement and guidance. The Altar Team listens to the Holy Spirit and shares what He gives them as He directs.
- Third: the Healing Ministry is hosting a Healing Service in the Prayer Room on the fourth Wednesday evening of each month, and plans to host a quarterly Healing Service in the Worship Center. Each event includes moving praise and worship, encouraging teaching, and concludes with personal, Holy Spirit filled prayer for the sick, broken, or discouraged. Resources are given to help individuals build their faith with a foundation of God’s word and His promises.
Intercessory Prayer Questionnaire
If you would like to find out more about your prayer gifting – please download and fill out this questionnaire.